Precision Overhead Garage Door Openers of Tampa, Clearwater, St Petersburg, Lakeland & New Port Richey Metro Area
Serving Hillsborough, Pinellas, Polk, Pasco & Hernando Counties
Brand New Opener for $349
½ HP Chain Drive
Call today and save!
May not be combined with any other offers or coupons.
Online Service Request
We repair most garage door opener makes and models! Call Precision if you are not sure whether to repair or replace. We'll do a full inspection and let you know. Remember: often an opener can be repaired for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You?
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers- Chain drives are common. They are durable and reliable. The drive runs the garage door on the track with a chain. Chain drives are a little less expensive when compared with belt drives. They tend to be noisy, so if your garage is located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home, you don't want this opener. We typically recommend a belt drive if the garage is attached to the home.
Belt Driven Openers- Belt drives are generally thought of as the best opener in the industry.Belt drives are as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. The drive runs on a steel-reinforced belt and typically costs a few dollars more than chain & screw drive openers. If your garage is attached to your home and has surrounding bedrooms, you'll never be bothered by the noise of your garage door.
Screw Driven Openers- Screw drives use a lifting device that runs on a threaded steel rod. There is no chain or belt. These openers tend to work best in locations where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. Screw drive openers tend to be slower when lifting the door and the noisiest. They may cost a litte less than a chain or belt opener.
Listen to the difference by watching this video:
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
Liftmaster 8550W DC Battery Backup Belt Drive
Includes 3-button elite remote control and smart control panel.
- Confidently know what’s going on at home with MyQ® Technology. It lets you monitor and control your Garage Door Opener and home lighting from anywhere (when paired with the Internet Gateway).
- Receive email or text alerts so you always know the status of your garage door and home lighting.
- Download the MyQ® mobile app for free. No annual activation fee required.
- Compatible with HomeLink®
- Requires 828LM MyQ Internet Gateway to connect to MyQ Smartphone App.
- Get in your garage even when the power is out with Battery Backup.
- Always know your garage door is closed with Timer-to-Close, which automatically close the door after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Have your Garage Door Opener's lights turn on when you enter the garage with the Motion Detector feature.
- Prevent the door from closing if anything interrupts the safety beam that crosses the garage door opening..
- Lock down your garage door and electronically monitor against a forced opening with PosiLock®.
Linear Garage Door Opener - LDO50
Linear manufactures a top quality line of residential garage door operators. They are also very reliable and cost a little less. Linear Garage Door Operators offer the following standard features:
Reliable chain drive motor
Safety first sensing beam
Secure, remote control
Automatic courtesy lights
Easy door release
Self diagnostic system checks
Direct Drive Garage Door Openers
Linear Jackshaft Opener
The Linear Jackshaft Opener offers space-saving, wall-mounted design. Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings. The Model MJ5011 is a 1/2 HP, 115-volt, door operator with floor level disconnect.
115 VAC, Single phase, 1/2 HP
All steel frame
2 Year Warranty
Proper Garage Door Installation
Please take 4 minutes and watch this video. Although it begins a little like a commercial, it will show the difference between a proper garage door opener installation and one riddled with shortcuts. When your new garage door opener is installed correctly you will enjoy it for a long, long time.
Do not hesitate to call us today at any of our locations to learn more about our openers. We will be happy to answer any further questions.